Politics

Two Trump marketing campaign staff who took half within the Tulsa rally examined constructive for corona virus

President Donald J. Trump speaks during a "Make America Great Again!" Rally in the BOK Center on Saturday, June 20, 2020 in Tulsa, OK.

Jabin Botsford | The Washington Post on Getty Images

Two members of a campaign-ahead team that attended President Donald Trump's rally in Oklahoma on Saturday tested positive for the corona virus on Monday.

The new test results bring the number of advanced team members for the Tulsa event who tested positive for Covid-19 to eight.

The six previous positive tests by the previous members took place shortly before the event. At least two of the previous positive tests were for Secret Service agents.

NBC News reported that the number of people connected to the event who tested positive is expected to increase, citing campaign and law enforcement officials.

The announcement of the two additional members of the advance team, who tested positive after participating in the rally, was made one day before Trump was due to visit Dream City Church in Phoenix, Arizona for an event hosted by Students for Trump.

"After another round of testing for campaign workers in Tulsa, two other members of the advance team tested positive for the corona virus," said Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh on Monday.

"These employees attended the rally, but wore masks throughout the event. After positive testing, the campaign immediately activated established quarantine and contact tracking logs," said Murtaugh.

According to the NBC, the two employees were among those who were tested after the rally as a precaution for the flight home.

Trump was reportedly angry on Saturday afternoon when it was announced that half a dozen members of the advance team tested positive for the corona virus.

Participants in the event had to sign a waiver waiving any liability for Trump and his campaign if they got sick after the rally.

Even after the rally, the president was angry.

Despite his campaign, which boasted massive demand for the event, the rally in the BOK Center with a capacity of 19,000 people only attracted 6,200 people.

Even before the rally began, the workers broke a stage that had been set up outside in an area that was intended for thousands of people who could not get into the area.

Only dozens of people gathered in this outdoor area when Vice President Mike Pence was supposed to start speaking to Trump in front of Trump.

This is the latest news. Check for updates again.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *